St John’s offers a varied and healthy menu of lunch time meals.
Dinners are required to be paid for in advance, using your child`s Scopay account. Please ensure your child’s account is in credit for the week ahead.
The cost of a school dinner is £2.15 per day for Nursery children and £2.60 for Years 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Children in Reception, Year 1 and 2 receive universal free meals.
Children also have the option to bring a packed lunch from home.
Free School Meals
You can claim free school meals for your children if you are in receipt of any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- eligible for Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and the household income (as used by HMRC to assess tax credits) is not more that £16,190. Please note: anyone eligible for Working Tax Credit, or if you have a partner and they receive it, regardless of Income, you will not qualify
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit (from 30th April 2005)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- In receipt of the 4 week run on of working tax credit (this is where someone becomes unemployed or reduces their hours and so is no longer entitled to working tax credit but will continue to receive it for a further 4 weeks and is entitled to free meals during that time)
- Universal credit
For more details you can:
Contact the school or phone the free school meals team on 01782 234234 (minicom for the hearing impaired 01782 232331).