School Partnership Agreement
St. John’s Catholic School is a school community where we aim to put Christ into the centre of our lives. Our guiding principles are the Gospel values of Jesus Christ which underlie the relationships which exist within the school, where each person is valued and is seen as a reflection of Christ’s love to each and every one of us.
As a school we will aim to:
- Care for each child’s safety, enjoyment, achievement, health and economic well-being and ensure that effective procedures are in place to support them.
- Provide religious education for all children in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Ensure that the school’s ethos is inclusive for all children.
- Encourage children to do their best at all times through positive encouragement.
- Encourage children to take care of their surroundings and others around them.
- Inform parents of each child’s education, spiritual and social progress.
- Offer each child access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Provide pupils with regular homework.
- Provide effective channels of communication between home and school.
As a family we will aim to:
- Recognise the Catholic nature of the school by supporting the ethos, aims and rules of the school.
- Make sure my child arrives at school on time at 8.55a.m. (KS2) /9.10a.m. (KS1) respectively wearing the correct school uniform and with the appropriate equipment.
- Make sure that my child is collected on time at 3.15p.m. (KS1)/3.30p.m.(KS2) respectively.
- Make sure that my child attends school regularly and informs the school on the first day of absence.
- Ensure the school is made aware of any concerns or problems which may affect the work or behaviour of the child.
- Support the school’s behaviour and homework policies.
- Where possible, attend open evenings and any meetings to which I am invited to discuss my child’s progress.
- To reply to any correspondence.
- Share any concerns with staff in a way that is appropriate.
As a pupil I will aim to:
- Respect the feelings of others.
- Respect the similarities and differences between myself and others.
- Be friendly and helpful.
- Try my best at all times.
- Follow the school’s rules and behave sensibly and thoughtfully at all times.
- Use my manners at all times.
- Treat the property of others with respect.
- Attend school regularly and on time.
- Look smart and always wear the correct school uniform.
- Be responsible for ensuring that I always have the correct equipment for lessons.
- Deliver letters/monies to both parents and staff on time.
- Share any concerns I may have with an adult in school.
If you wish to download the School Partnership Agreement, details are below.